Microgaming Classic Blackjack Gold Series
Software giant Microgaming produces a number of blackjack variations to suit every pocket and taste. One of their most popular offerings is The Gold Series of blackjack games which includes the immensely popular Classic Blackjack Gold game which features outstanding graphics, adjustable game play speed and lifelike audio, making it one of the most high quality and lifelike experiences online.
The Classic game is essentially a "basic" version of the game of blackjack which offers an enjoyable blackjack experience to novice and expert players alike.
Classic Blackjack Gold is played with a single deck of 52 cards which are shuffled at the beginning of each round. The aim of the game is to beat the dealer which can be achieved by holding a total card value of 21 or under as long as it is higher than the dealer's total or by standing on 21 when the dealer "busts" by exceeding the card value of 21.
In this game you are permitted to split pairs or double certain hands and the insurance option is also offered when the dealer shows an Ace, although insurance is not always a good option! Find out more with our top 10 winning blackjack tips.
The game also features an expert mode where you can play manually or activate the Autoplay function which will play the game on your behalf according to basic blackjack strategy.
The basic blackjack game rules apply to Gold Series Classic blackjack and are as follows:
- Once a pair of Aces has been split and you draw a 10 value card, this does not count as Blackjack, but merely as 21 and pays accordingly.
- Only like pairs may be split.
- Any hand, including Aces may only be split once.
- Multiple cards may be drawn to split Aces
Double Down Rules
- Doubling Down is only permitted the first two cards dealt. The Doubling bet has the same value as your original bet.
- After Splitting cards you cannot Double Down
- You are only able to Double Down on hands with a values of 9, 10 or 11
Insurance is paid out at 2:1. The Insurance bet will be lost should the dealer not hold blackjack. Insurance does not cover any second hands on a Split or Double Down bet.
So if you're in the mood for a top of the line game of traditional blackjack, Microgaming's Classic Blackjack Gold is one you shouldn't miss.